Weekly Finish #18 Charm & Jelly Roll Quilt Top Plus More …

DSC01445

I decided to take a break from nickel quilts!  I made this top from a kit I purchased at my LQS a couple years ago.  I saw the sample in the store and fell in love with the fabric and design.  Actually, the store had run out of the kits, but I was still able to buy some yardage and received the pattern for free. 

DSC01444

It’s such an easy scrappy design that uses one charm pack plus one jelly roll.  The block is a four-patch of 2-1/2” squares, plus four 2-1/2” strips, which are sewn to the 4-patch in a log-cabin style.  I started this last week and just finished it yesterday.  I’m not sure when I’ll be quilting it so, for now, it’s back to the UFO pile … hopefully not for long!

UPDATE:  Sold flimsy top on eBay in February 2011


One more finish since last Friday … I previously posted about this top and finally finished quilting and binding it this week.  Click here to read my previous post:

DSC01440

Autumn Nickel Quilt

DSC01438


I had three finishes this week: completed one quilt top; and finished quilting and binding two other tops.  Woohoo!  A busy week for quilting.  Now to catch up on my housework and other stuff … :0)

I am linking to the following … please be sure to visit these blogs for more Friday Finishes:



Comments

  1. Wow, you are really working hard. Love your Autumn Nickel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is lovely...you are so productive

    ReplyDelete
  3. another quilt I would love to make... you have to be just lovn' life!! Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Two beautiful Fall color quilts! 2 complete quilt finishes and a top in a week! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're both beautiful! Sounds like you've had quite a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all gorgeous! Makes me want to quilt! Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing :o)

    www.seamsinspired.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both quilts are just yummy, Rita! 2 finishes in a week~it's quilters like you who give me an inferiority complex. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! you've been busy! Isn't it great to finish? Love the quilts. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job!! Your quilts are gorgeous!
    Sincerely ~ Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita I love the patterns you use. They seem so complicated. Wonderful colors and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops