Weekly Finish #8 Camp Sloanie Quilt

DSC01005

I FINALLY finished my yellow and black Camp Sloanie quilt from February!  I machine quilted it with an all-over swirl design and tacked down the binding by hand.

This yellow and black color combo is out of my comfort zone, as I’m not particularly partial to yellow.  My favorite colors are fall colors … warm browns, gold tones, reds, dark greens, etc.   Even so, I really like my yellow-black quilt!

I found this really cute fabric that has a black background with yellow and white birdies, and I also found the yellow fabric with little black flowers to match:

DSC00837

I had a few leftover blocks, and there’s no better way to use them than to include them in the backing: 

DSC01006

A quilt is not really finished until it has its label:

DSC01008

I am really bad about putting labels on my quilts.  My BQFFs are always getting on me for this!   So I made the label on my computer, using instructions from The Crafty Gemini:




I then attached my label to the backing BEFORE I quilted the top.   It’s machine sewn on all four sides and then securely quilted.  I don’t think this label is going anywhere!  I just hope it withstands washing.

I’m linking up to Amy's fun Sew and Tell Fridays.  Don’t forget to check out what everyone else has been up to!

Happy quilting!

Comments

  1. Beautiful quilting...it is an unusual colour ...but i love it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute little blocks! Nice work :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish. Yellow is out of my comfort zone too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is just beautiful! I love the black white and yellow. This is definitely in my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice black and yellow quilt! I think it's kind of fun to explore outside our color-comfort-zone once in a while :-) I like the little birds in the print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt. Great to use the leftover fabric blocks on the back. I like how you added the label BEFORE quilting. I keep forgetting to do that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! I love yellow and black and white together. This is such a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilty finish! Love using beautiful leftovers on the back!!
    Blessings,
    KT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these colors together! Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Camp Sloanie quilt looks great! I think the colors are very pretty.

    Thanks for including the label tutorial.

    (I went to Pat's camp, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great quilt! What a great idea for a label too! I need to start thinking about quilt labels. I've never done one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, Rita! The Yellow and black combination is stunning. I also love the fabrics you are using for your pinwheel quilt-along.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really like this quilt. Yellow and black would be out of my comfort zone too but this has turned out quite stunning! Cute little birdie fabric as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This yellow/black combo is striking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is lovely...the color combo looks really great

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for embedding my fabric label tutorial in your blog. I appreciate you giving me credit. Super cute quilt! Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops