Happy March 1st … and A Trip to M & L Fabrics

DSC00903

I know, I know … I said I wasn’t going to buy any more fabric until I finished some UFO’s, but I *needed* to buy some backing and binding fabric to finish a couple UFO’s.  So yesterday I went to my favorite fabric store and found this cute 1-yard remnant.  Isn’t it perfect for St. Patrick’s day?  It’s by David Textiles and was only $1.98!  I’m thinking of making a small table topper with it.

MPbeeline

DSC00909

I also found this ADORABLE print by Darlene Zimmerman … red is my favorite color!  It was also $1.98/yard so I splurged and bought two yards.  Not sure what I’m going to do with it, but I just couldn’t pass it up. 

MPbeeline

Did I say that M & L Fabrics (in Anaheim, CA) is my favorite fabric store?  If you live ANYWHERE in the Southern California area, it is well worth the trip. 


19  
This is a superstore of fabrics.  They have every kind of fabric print and the material selection is huge, including last season’s designer fabrics.  The prices are very reasonable and affordable, ranging from $1.98 for flatfolds up to $8.95 for new arrivals and popular prints. 

l22

Below, racks and racks of flatfolds … all at $1.98.  But you are on your own here if you find something you want in the middle of the stack  … and best to forget it if it’s at the bottom!

2550005052_6a976574df

This store is always busy and they cut and sell TONS of yards of fabric every week.  Sometimes there’ll be 6-7 cutters … that’s all they do: cut fabric … rack ‘em and stack ‘em!  One customer right after the other.  I usually spend at least a couple of hours when I visit, and I’ve met some really neat folks … lots of quilters!  They’ve been around for over 20 years and I hope they continue for another 20!

UPDATE 2019:  M&L is still in business and still my favorite fabric store.  Flatfold fabric is now $2.99/yard but it's still a deal when a regular yard of fabric can cost $12-$15 a yard.  

MPbeeline

The days are getting longer, and daylight savings time is two weeks away … does that mean Spring is almost here?  Still raining and snowing in some parts of the country … but I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Happy quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops