Friendship Quilting Group: Quilts of Valor

quilt_Retreat_09_107

This past Tuesday I visited with my friend Mary and her quilting group, The Atherton Quilters.  I had so much fun that day and everyone was so friendly that I decided to officially join the group! Here they are (above) with the Quilts of Valor they made at their January retreat.

QOV_MG

This is the QOV top Mary helped make with her group.  She’ll be taking it to the Sew Vac in Long Beach where it will be quilted by a volunteer longarm quilter and finished into a beautiful quilt for a veteran or service member. 

Every Thursday afternoon, volunteers meet at the store to cut, sew and press QOVs. Volunteers receive one free admission ticket to Disneyland (!) as part of Disney’s “Give A Day, Get A Disney Day” program.  How awesome is that!  Especially since it’s over $70 for one admission ticket … how many folks can afford that in today’s economy?   So I’ll be joining Mary this week.  It should be fun!


   

DSC00873DSC00872


I previously blogged about Mary and her quillow here, and I finally gave it to her this past week.  Here she is with a smile on her face and her long-awaited quillow:
DSC00912



So I’m off to meet up with my BFF Vivian to see George Clooney’s Oscar-nominated movie, Up In The Air


Image result for up in the air"

ANYTHING with George Clooney in it is a winner with me! And you all know I’ll be watching the Oscars tonight …

TTFN!

sewing2

Comments

  1. It is so fun being with a group of like minded quilters :)
    Your quillow is so cute with the flowers, it looks as sunny as she does!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops