Yellow & Blue Quillow & Texas Two-Step

DSC00867

Last week I went to my favorite fabric store, M & L Fabrics in Anaheim, CA.  I was almost ready to leave when I ran into my pal Mary.  Although we regularly email, I had not seen her in a year.  In fact, one of the last times I’d seen Mary was at M & L Fabrics, when I purchased this fabric to make her a quillow for her birthday … in 2008!

For one reason or another, I never made the quillow and always felt bad because I’d promised it to her.  When I ran into her last week, I knew I had to make the quillow without further delay … and here it is! 

DSC00872 DSC00873

Quillows were all the rage many years ago, and I remember everyone was making quillows.  Quillows are actually fairly easy and fun to make, taking only a few hours to complete.  The one I made here is a basic design, but you can make a patchwork pillow sleeve with quilt blocks, or add a ruffle to the outside.  

Here are some links for instructions to make your own:


2255910390052745537FCKjaX_fs

This is my pal Mary with the quilt I gave her for Christmas 2007.  It’s called the “Texas Two-Step: Down the Line” and the pattern is from Simple Strategies for Scrap Quilts.  Mary and I will be meeting up again in a couple of weeks so I can give her her quillow.  Mary, I hope you like your quillow!

Happy quilting!

Comments

  1. Rita, I know how difficult it is to lose weight especially when there has been times of depression etc which can lead to comfort eating. My weakness was always scones and cakes and as I was feeling bad I just wasn't going out to walk and shift the weight. Now, 3 years on I have lost around 35 pounds, which may not sound much but it sure feels terrific!! You can do this too Rita!! Start by walking just even 10 mins a day then build it up and get faster too!! If you think one day you're not going to get out for a walk, put a little bit less on your plate. This will lead to a very good habit of ALWAYS putting a little less on your plate. Have a go and let me know!! Feel free to contact me anytime. remember...you can do this!!!
    Kindest regards
    kate
    Shetland

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops