On The Road to Spring Quilt-Along

DSC00832

Now that Camp Sloanie with Pat Sloan has ended, I thought I’d join Randi at i have to say.  She is hosting a fun quilt-along that she is calling "On the Road to Spring". 

Week one: selected fabric from my stash.  I finally settled on this fabric collection from South Sea Imports designed by Robyn Pandolph, and I matched it up with similar fabric from Maywood Studio.  I’ve had these fabrics squirreled stored away for a couple of years, and I am so happy that I finally get to use them. 

Week two:  cutting the pieces (squares and rectangles).  Well, that was last week, and I got as far as cutting out the larger pieces from yardage.  But still need to get busy cutting all those 100 squares and 100 rectangles.  Gotta love that rotary cutter and mat!

This is already week three and everyone is busy sewing their strips together.  I should be able to catch up this week … gotta love retirement!  Check out everyone’s progress on the flicker group!

IMG_092919

‘Til next time … happy quilting!

Comments

  1. Hi Rita ~ Thanks so much for stopping by Mountain Musings! I love your fabric choices...so bright and perfectly springy! Mine are very boyish seeing as they're for my 24 yr old son; I'm always doing things for the girls and thought he needed something, too! Hope you get your strips completed this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty, springy bunch of fabric! Your black and yellow quilt is fabulous! I love the layout.

    Happy sewing! (And rotary cutting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops