Happy New Year! Celebrating 10 Years of Quilting

DSC00739
Happy New Year!  It’s hard to believe that a decade has passed since we were all celebrating The Millennium!  I still remember the worries about computers and how everything was going to crash.  I am amazed at how fast time flies!

I started quilting in 1999 so I am also celebrating the past 10 years of quilting and looking forward to the next ten.  This is a picture of the last quilt I made in 2009 … it is my 200th quilt!

I made this quilt for DS#2 who graduated from HS last year but is currently staying with his sister in Tennessee while he figures out what he wants to do.  He plans to someday go into law enforcement. 

The pattern for this quilt is from McCall's Quilting Quick Quilts and is named “In the Line of Duty” (c2001).  This patriotic quilt was designed to honor police officers who were injured or killed in the line of duty.  Eight of the red blocks are arranged horizontally to represent the slain officers, and blue vertical stripes signify the “thin blue line” of law officers who protect us all.



It’s good to finally be getting back to my quilting, and it’s been keeping me busy!  I moved my quilting “studio” from a bedroom into a bigger bonus room, and I still haven’t quite gotten organized. I’m waiting to move my short-arm quilting machine over to the bonus room so I can actually quilt some of my quilt tops.

Remember, the best things in life are quilted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops